Open Call to Candidates French Teacher, Language Center, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The Hebrew University Language Center invites applications for the position of French Teacher. The recently-established LC has aligned the objectives, methodologies and assessment of modern-language acquisition with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The LC primarily serves undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the Humanities.
All French classes taught under the auspices of the LC are conducted exclusively in French. Curriculum, teaching resources and classroom methodology are all geared towards maximizing both spoken and written communication, immersing in the language, building skill and confidence, and developing inter-cultural awareness and tolerance. Learner autonomy is key to our approach, i.e. the teacher is viewed primarily as a facilitator to language acquisition.
• Superior command of the French language
• An academic degree in a related field of study, preferably a Master’s degree
• Open-minded team player; ability to co-teach with colleagues is a must.
• Motivation and mindset to implement and further develop the new French language program
• Desire to further professionalize in state-of-the-art language teaching and curriculum development
• Passion for teaching and inter-cultural communication
• Technologically savvy and able to adapt to extensive use of digital platforms
The position is being offered on a trial-period basis, with the potential for a tenure- track Language Teacher position (MA required for tenure eligibility).
Employment begins October 1, 2019; paid pre-semester training begins upon selection. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants are asked to send a CV and cover letter (in English or in Hebrew) to the Director of the Language Center, Chaya Fischer: email@example.com
Qualified candidates will be invited to interview, and if found suitable, will be asked to teach a mock French A1 lesson to the hiring committee.